Elta Music Polyvox PF3 packs the classic filter design from the legendary Soviet synthesizer into handy desktop format and expands it usefully.
Every Soviet kolkhoz owned a Formanta Polivoks, also with artists like Thomas P. Heckmann or Hainbach the Soviet synth legend is highly regarded. The Polyvox PF3 filterbank uses the circuit design for a reinterpretation, consisting of two independent 12dB filters that can be controlled with a single cutoff knob, resulting in a 24dB filter when connected in series. In stereo operation, different filter modes per channel provide interesting effects, while the noise generator upstream of the filter can also be used as a separate noise source (white/pink). Volume controls are available for all component groups, with an additional Dry/Wet control for the filters and a pan control for the noise.
- Desktop filter box with UD1208 chip inspired by the filter circuit of the Formanta Polivox
- Multimode filter (LP/HP/BP/N)
- Stereo or dual-mono operation possible
- Separately tappable upstream noise source (pink/white noise)
- Filter 1/2 CV controllable
- Link switch
- Dry/Wet control for filter
- Hard/Soft control for cutoff frequency
- Panorama control for noise